How to Cut Your Holiday Expenses: 10 Tips
Aside from the basics – booking the cheapest flights and hotels, there are more ways to save cash on your trip if you look a little deeper into a deal. With a little flexibility and consideration, you can add more fun and luxury to your trip without adding to your budget.
- Book well in advance to find the cheapest deals
- Travel in a large group to share accommodation costs
- Do your homework on surcharges and fees
- Sign up for email alerts and routinely check travel sites for the best deals
- Get more from your travel budget by following the best exchange rates
- Be willing to travel at unsociable hours of the day
- Pack lunches and avoid buying food at tourist hotspots, including airports and hotels
- Set a realistic budget and appropriately ration your money
- Consider hotels near resorts, rather right within one, or even renting a house or apartment
- Buy travel insurance – it's the only extra that can save you money!